Botanical Garden and Migration Museum

Botanical Gardens

On the 25th, September 2017 the year 3/4 unit went on an excursion the Botanical Gardens and the Migration museum.  My class went to the Botanical Gardens first and then we went to the Migration Museum.  First we had brain food and then the tour guide came.  Her name was Karen.  She took us to different trees that the aboriginal people used to survive.  The last tree she took us to was called a bottle tree. It was called a bottle tree because it was shaped like a bottle and it had water in it.  It was my favourite tree.  I saw a dead rat near the bottle tree. It was disgusting.  I also liked a tree called the Pine tree.  It was called the pine tree because there is big pine cones on it.  And sometimes you can see a white snow owl.  But we couldn’t see it.

Migration Museum

After that  we walked to the Migration Museum. It was a long walk.  When we got there we all sat on the floor and waited for our tour guides.  The class split up into two groups.  I wasn’t with any of my friends. My tour guide was David. I don’t know what the other tour guides name was.  First David showed us a map of Australia and all of the Aboriginal mobs.  After that he took us into a room.  It looked a bit like a cabin in the First Fleet ships.  The last thing he took us to was a room that used to be a place for poor people.

After that the whole class walked back to the Botanical Gardens and had lunch. After lunch everyone had a play for about half an hour and then the buses came. Then everyone got their bags and then walked to the bus in a line.  We all got on the bus and went back to school.  When we got back to school it was home time.  It was a good excursion